Nov 14, 2012

Medieval House

The first project I started recently was a project to create a medieval-fantasy-inspired video-game environment. I started this project with Eric Polman. Eric is programming his own model-importer and level-editor, which I will be using to build the medieval village.

After a day of hard work I realize we still have a long way to go. However, the start is here, as I finally managed to finish the model for the first house. The house is not completely finished, but it's a start.


I hoped to be done with this house by now, but Maya screwed me over by crashing, which resulted in me loosing roughly 3 hours of hard work. Serves me right for not saving my files regularly. I really need to make it a habit to spam CTRL+S more often.

This first medieval house is based on a piece of artwork that I found on the internet.

http://built4ever.deviantart.com/art/Medieval-houses-186286241

All credits for the original 2D artwork goes to Francois "Built4ever" Beauregard on DeviantART (http://built4ever.deviantart.com/).


Now it's time for a short break. After that I'll continue with this medieval house. Tomorrow I'll post the final, fully-textured version of it. Then on to the next structure...